lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8882] Vector improvements

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8882] Vector improvements
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:51:06 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #46, patch #8882 (project lwip):

> I'd just have to re-think the planned release. Maybe this would be better
off in 2.1.0 to give us some time to test it...

I'm fine with 2.1.0.  Technically this is a performance fix as it prevents
each vector from becoming its own individual TCP segment, outputted
individually

> As to the binary compatibility of an external struct: we don't we just
compare size and offsets of the two structs using LWIP_ASSERT? Somewhere in an
init function where it's only done once. Like 'lwip_init()'.

We could do that, what would be the recommended resolution if the asserts are
failing though?  Have the port maintainer remove the external definition from
include tree?

> I can imagine that going wrong, yes. I'm not too keen on fixing this right
now though. Letting it go wrong might get us a feedback on if it's really used
:-)

I like this approach, we can learn more when there is yelling on the mailing
list ;)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8882>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/