lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #50097] Disabling struct packing should be official

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #50097] Disabling struct packing should be official
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 13:49:43 +0000 (UTC)

> The check of the link header length should catch that.

How ?  When generating packets for output, we can create as many pbuf as
necessary and chaining them for alignment requirements for each layer we need
to append, but for input we can't determine if IP, UDP, TCP payloads are
always going to be on alignment boundary.

PPP have multiple compression options which remove one or two bytes of PPP
header like pcomp or accomp. For L2TP we have IP over IP, meaning we have a IP
header in the payload of a UDP packet (UDP header + IP header + PPP fields +
PPPoE/oS if PPPoL2TP over PPPoE or PPPoS is used). PPPoS is using RAW pbuf
which bypass ETH_PAD_SIZE.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?50097>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/