lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9165] Allowing udp src port to be 0 in cases when w

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9165] Allowing udp src port to be 0 in cases when we don't care about outgoing port
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 21:01:36 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #7, patch #9165 (project lwip):

> As I stated before, it is impossible to connect a pcb to an ip address
> without knowing the senders outgoing port.

Receiving without knowing the sender outgoing port is the udp_bind() behavior.
What you need is a filter on source IP address which can currently only be
done in your udp_recv callback.

udp_connect(pcb, &cb, 0); means for me that you want to connect/send a packet
to a random remote port, it does not make sense indeed but a 0 port is special
and is globally known as "chose for me" and never as "don't filter input
packet on source port".

What you could ask is a udp_filter_source_ip() function but it will then never
be available for the Socket APIā€¦

Sylvain

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9165>

  Message sent via/by Savannah