lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #48839] Possible bug with snd_wnd semantics

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #48839] Possible bug with snd_wnd semantics
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 07:16:44 +0000 (UTC)

Update of bug #48839 (project lwip):

             Assigned to:                    None => goldsimon

Follow-up Comment #2:

I see this is a theoretical inconsistency in lwIP's usage of variables. And
having code where two 'if' clauses depend on different input but trigger at
the same time is bad coding style.

But I'm not convinced this is a real bug (or a bug in the spec):
To convince me, you'd have to come up with a sequence of segments that
produces this error.
In other words, if we receive an ACK that updates 'lastack', how would that
segment fail to update 'snd_wl2'? I guess if you trust on the remote side
being a good TCP, this never happens.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?48839>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/