lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [lwip-commits] [SCM] lwIP - A Lightweight TCPIP stack b

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [lwip-commits] [SCM] lwIP - A Lightweight TCPIP stack branch, master, updated. 236bc194222b604f251cd86d4715cd05d9e40f94
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 15:26:51 +0200

Sylvain Rochet wrote:
> An empty commit message about a security flaw is
> only security through obscurity, which is discouraged and not
> recommended.

It's not security by obscority: it's fixed, after all. Thanks to Fabian.

And I'm sorry if I don't follow your (or anyone else's) rules how git
should be used. In the lwIP past a commit message (or CHANGELOG message)
stating the patch author has been enough. And I didn't see yet why git
should change this. This is lwIP, not linux.
(Anyone who wants their authorship included is free to send a patch with
all information required included.)

Simon