lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8882] Vector improvements

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8882] Vector improvements
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 15:23:05 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #8882 (project lwip):

Simon,

I agree creating the chain of pbufs could also happen in the sendmsg() call
itself.  I initially placed it in netbuf because it seemed like netbuf is an
abstraction that hides dealing with pbufs directly and it would be better (?)
to continue to use the abstraction if possible.

I've spotted other places in sockets.c where pbufs are accessed/manipulated
directly, so this wouldn't be establishing a new precedent.

Keeping it in the sockets layer would also avoid having to pass the array of
vectors to another layer and thus we no longer need the struct iovec change
for getting the UDP change in.

I'll work on another patch

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8882>

  Message sent via/by Savannah