lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #47092] Tag memory buffers like memp_memory_xxx and ra

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #47092] Tag memory buffers like memp_memory_xxx and ram_heap with a macro so that attributes can be attached to teir definitions
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 18:27:05 +0000

David, you're not the first wanting to put the pools into a different section.
So far, everyone seems to have succeeded with what we provide (unless the
recent memp changes have broken this).

Being like that, I'm reluctant to add a 2nd method to do the same thing.

> I need to be able to apply the attributes to existing standard pools, that
are considered private...

Could you please provide an example of which pool you try to move? I think we
need to have an example instead of staying too general in this discussion.

> Similarly for ram_heap

Using GCC, add this line to your lwipopts.h:
extern unsigned char _attribute_((section(".onchip_mem"))) ram_heap[];

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?47092>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/