lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Wrong value of the initial window (SYN packets) with bi

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Wrong value of the initial window (SYN packets) with big TCP_WND and window scaling.
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 10:46:57 +0200

Dmitry Adamushko wrote:
> [ I'm not subscribed to the list, please keep me in cc' ]

I'll try, but it's highly unlikely that everyone replies 'to all' (in case this
discussion should go on). This is a list. Normally, you wouldn't even be
allowed to send to it when not subscribed.

> This is exactly the scenario with window-scaling enabled (sorry that I didn't
> make it explicit).
> Hence, TCP_WND > 0xffff is legitimate.

Yes, right, sorry for not getting that :-)

I've filed a bug for this:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?45559

Seems like we should either limit the window to 0xFFFF or set it to some
default value. I don't know right now if the remote side scales our initial
window with the scaling factor, in which case 0xFFFF might be too big.

Simon