lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] API change: restructuring ipv4/ipv6 integration (task #

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] API change: restructuring ipv4/ipv6 integration (task #12722)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 23:31:46 +0200

Hello Simon,

On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 10:19:53PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:

> I'm just pushing this now to get forward on 1.5.0, but please feel
> free to share your critics here!

If LWIP_IPV6 is set, our inet_aton() is no more conforming to 4.3BSD. I
had to use ip4addr_aton() instead of inet_aton() in the unix port:

-     inet_aton(optarg, &inaddr);
-     gw.addr = inaddr.s_addr;
+     ip4addr_aton(optarg, &gw);

It means lwIP users using the unix port cannot use inet_aton() anymore
on a struct in_addr. I'm not sure if this is a big deal, for me it's not
but considering I'm only using the unix port for tests, I am biased.

Maybe we should just stop exporting inet_aton() if LWIP_IPV6 is set ?

Sylvain