lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8358] Allow more combinations of listening PCB for

From: Philip Gladstone
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8358] Allow more combinations of listening PCB for IPv6
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 04:47:11 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #8358 (project lwip):

I just added a piece of test code for linux which shows one of the uses of
SO_REUSEADDR for UDP. Essentially it disables the address comparison checks
when binding sockets so you can do more reuse.

In my use case, I have a UDP server and need to know which local address was
used for the inbound packet. The standard unix approach is to bind a socket to
each address for the same port, and then to bind a socket to the wildcard
address (same port). If the packet arrives on the wildcard address socket,
then you know that you are missing a local address in the list of sockets.

I have since realized that I could use one of the callback mechanisms in lwip
with UDP to fid the local address, but I was porting some linux code....

(file #33274)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: reuse.c                        Size:1 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8358>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/