lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #36234] LISTEN send RST for incoming ACKs with seqno =

From: Esa Hill
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #36234] LISTEN send RST for incoming ACKs with seqno == ackno + 1
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 05:22:38 +0000

I had to find some old emails to recall this case and I still don't remember
exact details, but for us this issue was fixed after changing that seqno.

I'm sure that SEQ=SND.NXT is correct but in our case FIN ACK with that seqno
never left the device (cable unplugged). Then when cable was plugged back in
and some packets for the old connection arrive, RST ACK is sent. The PC (win
xp + third party SW) does not accept that RST ACK because seqno is +1 to what
it expects (at least this was our conclusion). This then caused long delays
before connection was reopened properly.

I guess this is a special case which could be fixed better, but this was the
simplest change for our problem.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?36234>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/