lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwip-devel Digest, Vol 117, Issue 5

From: Rahul Gundecha
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwip-devel Digest, Vol 117, Issue 5
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 13:54:32 +0530

Thanks Ivan, Simon. I have added my description under the same bug
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?37068

Thanks,
Rahul

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
This somehow fits into bug #37068 (netif up/down handling is unclear): I think that the 'up' flag is used in a wrong way: in other OSes, it is a flag for "administratively disabled", but in lwIP it is more an "address valid" flag.

I think we should change it to "administratively disabled" and all the code like gratoutious ARP should depend on address assignment only, not on up/down changes (or only react on "up" if the address is valid).

Simon