lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #40303] DHCP xid renewed when sending a DHCPREQUEST

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #40303] DHCP xid renewed when sending a DHCPREQUEST
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 21:35:50 +0000

Quotes from RFC 2131:
Chapter 4.1:
"Selecting a new 'xid' for each retransmission is an implementation decision.
A client may choose to reuse the same 'xid' or select a new 'xid' for each
retransmitted message."

Being like that, the only bug seems to be that we create a new xid for
DHCPREQUEST instead of reusing the one from DHCPOFFER. However, I don't know
how a retransmission of DHCPREQUEST fits into that... Probably we should just
reuse the xid when sending DHCPREQUEST...

Also, why shouldn't DHCP work with multiple interfaces? The only strange
behaviour would be that xid is not simply increased on each netif since it is
used for both netifs. But since the current xid is stored in struct dhcp, this
should still work.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?40303>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/