lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] SOCKS and TUN interface for lwIP

From: Russ Dill
Subject: [lwip-devel] SOCKS and TUN interface for lwIP
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 02:12:26 -0800

I have a set of commits that might be useful. They connect the lwIP
stack to the Linux userspace stack. The first commit allows libevent
to manage timeouts:

https://github.com/russdill/lwip/commit/fd5782a9

The next one adds a SOCKS server. The SOCKS server allows the
processes on the Linux host to make connections into the lwIP stack
via SOCKS:

https://github.com/russdill/lwip/commit/dfeba616

This commit adds a tun/tap style interface to lwIP. IP packets can be
read/written to lwIP via a socket.

https://github.com/russdill/lwip/commit/47ca42f8

And a build incorporating all three (...and a bug fix):

https://github.com/russdill/lwip/commit/23c8edbd
https://github.com/russdill/lwip/commit/490d85e1

These are useful to me because it allows me to redirect a VPN client
from connecting to the Linux kernel tun/tap interface, to instead
connect to lwIP and provide the VPN connection via SOCKS proxy.