lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Issue related to Tcp Server max connections

From: Ishmeet
Subject: [lwip-devel] Issue related to Tcp Server max connections
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 04:38:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hello guys,

I have been using Lwip 1.4.1 on STM32L151 embedded board, most of the things
like udp tcp dhcp ping are working but I am facing some issues with them,

1. When module(embedded board) acts as tcp server with maximum 4
connections(meaning 4 tcp clients can connect simultaneously), and I start
connecting on IP address and port no. from a standard PC utility, then 5th
client also connects and it disconnects the first client which was already
connected. This has caused me a loss of client that was already in process
of data transmission. This is what I have set in lwipopts.h

#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB        4               //10
/* MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN: the number of listening TCP
   connections. */
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN 4       //6
/* MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG: the number of simultaneously queued TCP
   segments. */

2. when I try to ping a remote IP address (like IP addr of google.com) using
ping_send_now api in ping.c, I only see ping request going from module,no
ping reply's.
 Actually it should arp our router for this process to happen. Is this a bug
or I did'nt read the user documents for it and there is a macro kind of to
be enable.

Little knowledge sharing will be much appreciated.

Ishmeet