lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #39340] Raw API changed regarding TCP connections clos

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #39340] Raw API changed regarding TCP connections closing
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:16:42 +0000

I think the documentation could be clearer in that normal closes use tcp-recv
and RST type closes use tcp_err and that both must be implemented to detect
connection closes.  What stung me is that I didn't know connections were
closing with RST since nothing is different (that I see) from the PC
application standpoint.

Might be nice to support a tcp_closed callback (complementing tcp_accept) to
signal a close, maybe passing recv_flags.  If tcp_closed is NULL, simply use
the current behavior.

Of course I wouldn't have posted had I known the connection was closing using
RST or was working normally. :-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?39340>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/