lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] 1.4.0 release

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] 1.4.0 release
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:38:47 +0200

On 17.08.12 20:18, Kieran Mansley wrote:
On 13 Aug 2012, at 20:59, address@hidden wrote:

after not getting any bug reports to the 1.4.1_DEVEL branch for nearly three
months now (and after only 7 commits since RC1), I think the time to release
1.4.1 final has come.
Kieran, I'd volunteer to create appropriate tags in git, so you can just
download the tar.gz files from web-git and create the ZIP files for the
download section, if you want me to.
I'd been thinking the same thing earlier this week.  By all means go ahead.
Once you've made the tag (on both lwip and contrib repositories) I'll put
something on the news section.

Wow, it's been more than one month for me to find time for lwIP again :-) Finally, I've committed fixes to 4 more bugs I found worth fixing (and where the fix seemed harmless enough for such a late release-phase).

I've created a tag "STABLE-1_4_1" on both repositories, so all those who can't wait can just download the tar.gz at:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/
and
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lwip/lwip-contrib.git/

Kieran, for the download section, would it be enough to convert these 2 tar.gz files to ZIP? Line endings seem to be unix-style, but that's OK, I guess. Oh, and could you add a (prominent) link to the contrib git repository somewhere on the page (I keep forgetting the link myself :-)

Thanks to all contributors for all the testing and the bug reports!

Simon