lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] DHCPV6

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] DHCPV6
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 09:43:43 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Art,

LwIP has support for IPv6 address autoconfiguration, if you enable the
appropriate #defines (LWIP_IPV6_AUTOCONFIG, LWIP_IPV6_SEND_ROUTER_SOLICIT)

This is enough to obtain IPv6 addresses from your router.

DHCPv6 is used for additional configuration options, such as local domain
names, policies, etc. I'm not working on it and I don't think anyone else
is.

Usually IPv6 address auto-configuration is enough...

Cheers
Ivan