lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #37148] memory pool content is being corrupted after m

From: Artem Pisarenko
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #37148] memory pool content is being corrupted after memp_free()
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:13:18 +0000

> That was not an error but an intentional decision to save memory and reuse
the data part to keep the linked list pointers
Ok. It was just suggestion because you asked "Why is pool content
overwritten?"

But I made modification to lwip sources. I changed

 /* No sanity checks
  * We don't need to preserve the struct memp while not allocated, so we
  * can save a little space and set MEMP_SIZE to 0.
  */
#define MEMP_SIZE           0

 /* No sanity checks
  */
#define MEMP_SIZE           LWIP_MEM_ALIGN_SIZE(sizeof(struct memp))

Is it correct ? I'm experiencing memory-related problems right now
(particularly, memp_sanity() check). I think this could be their cause.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?37148>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/