lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] LWIP on Cortex-M1

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] LWIP on Cortex-M1
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:33:22 +0100

Pow, Christopher (SWCOE) wrote:

I’m investigating whether anyone has ported LWIP to a Cortex-M1 platform for a project I’m working on?  The memory requirements I’m after are incredibly tight—so I’m also wondering if anyone’s been able to make LWIP fit into 16KB code and 32KB data?

I haven't run it on an M1, yet, but I do have compiled the sources for an M3. I don't know the numbers off my head (I'd have to look them up at work tomorrow), but 16KB code do seem quite tough, while 32KB RAM should do. It largely depends on the protocols you want to use, I guess. I'll see if I can find numbers for the various protocols. The compiler we have might be able to compile for an M1, also.

Simon