lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] PPP Memory Leak

From: narke
Subject: [lwip-devel] PPP Memory Leak
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:29:25 +0800

Hi, List

I found the bug in practice.   Before I call pppSigHUP, there might be
some un-concluded frame accumulated in ppp, thus a pbuf might be
allocated but not yet freed. This un-concluded frame might be an
incorrect PPP frame.  After I call the pppSigHUP, the allocated pbuf
stay in ppp as allocated state. The detail you can refer to the
pppInProc() function.   Then next time, when I have to reopen the ppp,
I can only call the pppOverSerialOpen() function, but this function
will reset ppp receive parser state variables, that results in the
allocated pbuf will never get chance to be freed.

I am not sure this bug was reported or not.  Currently, my workaround
solution is to feed the ppp with a 0x7e character before I can
pppSigHUP.  This extra ppp ending flag cause the pppInProc() state
machine check the un-concluded frame and release it.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (address@hidden)