lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] IPv6 Neighbour Advertisement without link-layer address opt

From: Philipp Tölke
Subject: [lwip-devel] IPv6 Neighbour Advertisement without link-layer address option
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:23:52 +0100

Hi everyone,

I noticed that lwip does not accept IPv6 Neighbour Advertisement messages without the link-layer address option.

By default the linux-kernel sends solicited NA messages without this option (you can switch it on with "sysctl -w net.ipv6.eth0.conf.force_tllao=1").

Is there a reason for not acception NA messages without the link-layer address option? If not, I would like to implement and submit a patch.

Regards,
Philipp