lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] New mailbox implementation

From: MaX
Subject: [lwip-devel] New mailbox implementation
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 10:21:12 +0100

Hi,

I'm planning to write a new implementation for mailbox mechanism. From the documentation I don't understand if lwip mailbox are multiple-producers-multiple-consumers (MPMC) or just single-producer-single-consumer (SPSC).
In the second case I can target a lock-free CAS-free implementation with a grater benefit with respect of a more standard lock-free MPMC one. I would say from the lwip structure that the mailbox are all SPSC, but I
can not be 100% sure. Do you have any suggestion?

Regards,
MaX