lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #34176] select after non-blocking send timesout

From: Cyril
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #34176] select after non-blocking send timesout
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 17:14:27 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:
            lwIP version: 1.4.0

Details:

Hi,

I'm using lwip 1.4.0 version.
I'm sending a big buffer split in TCP_MSS sized's block over a non-blocking
SOCK_STREAM socket.

Before sending a single byte, select(write_fd, timeout) works (returns 1, and
the write_fd contains my socket)
Then I'm sending TCP_MSS bytes, and I'm calling select(write_fd, timeout
again).
No matter what I'm trying, the second select times out and never report the
socket as writeable again.
This obviously breaks the sending code.

If I'm sending the buffer at once, I get a EMSGSIZE error after send instead
of the amount of data sent like the other platforms (but I think this bug is
already reported).

Since the code is a cross platform server that's working perfectly on both
Linux, Mac and Windows, I would like to minimize the change required by lwip.

Regards,

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34176>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/