lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] tcp_abort calling TCP_EVENT_ERR

From: Jikai Ye
Subject: [lwip-devel] tcp_abort calling TCP_EVENT_ERR
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 10:51:36 -0600

I'm looking at version 1.3.1

In rawapi.txt it is mentioned that

If a connection is aborted because of an error, the application is
alerted of this event by the err callback. Errors that might abort a
connection are when there is a shortage of memory. The callback
function to be called is set using the tcp_err() function.

although in the tcp_abandon() function (tcp_abort is just a wrapper macro for this),

there is a branch indicates that if this connection is at TIME_WAIT, the TCP_EVENT_ERR is not called. An application may depend on the tcp_err to de-allocate application specific resources, like buffers. If an tcp_abort() is called while at TIME_WAIT, does that mean the resources won't be de-allocated? Would that result in memory leakage?

Let me know if I'm missing anything here.

Thanks in advance.