lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #10446] DHCP extensions for AutoIP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #10446] DHCP extensions for AutoIP
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 14:45:46 +0000

> You and I are going down the same path. We need named devices

Ehrm, not really: we want the device to have a valid network configuration in
most cases, i.e. we have a configuration tool that uses UDP broadcast to find
and configure devices. This one can then tell whether the IP configuration is
correct or not. We only need AutoIP to be able to update the firmware (via
TFTP unicast) when DHCP-enabled devices are connected via a loopback cable.

For us, having a static IP as fallback would not be an option, as a user
would have to configure one, which is what we want to avoid. You could say
that we very much copied the way windows does it, as 100% of our customers use
this device with windows.

Nevertheless, I'm not against this one going in, only I don't have the time
to do it (currently, and for some months).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?10446>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/