lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #30038] dhcp_network_changed doesn't reset AUTOIP coop

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #30038] dhcp_network_changed doesn't reset AUTOIP coop state
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:52:30 +0000

I have it working now so I can change Ethernet cables from static, to DHCP,
to DHCP/AutoIP and I get the proper address for each wire without restarting
the device.  I had to do this because field support was adding up as more lwIP
devices go out.  Technicians and customers expect to change cables as they can
do with PCs and not have to reboot.  We required a reboot of the device, and
one of them doesn't have a power switch.  They weren't doing this and then
calling when the device wouldn't connect.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?30038>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/