lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #29970] DHCP endian issues parsing option responses (w

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #29970] DHCP endian issues parsing option responses (w/ patch)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:57:02 +0000

Update of bug #29970 (project lwip):

             Assigned to:                    None => goldsimon
         Planned Release:                         => 1.4.0

Follow-up Comment #1:

Sorry for needing so long to reply (I've been on holiday for some time..).

Reading your patch, wouldn't it be enough to change the last else case to:

+ value = ((u8_t*)value)[0];

I would have expected the other two cases being correct (as they use htonl).
This way, we could save an extra copy and prevent implement extra shifting
macros (as some processors might have special instructions for htonl that are
faster).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?29970>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/