lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Small request regarding autoip.h

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Small request regarding autoip.h
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:50:24 +0200

"Bill Auerbach" wrote:
> Can we make the AUTOIP_TMR_INTERVAL 250 instead of 100?  That is if it
> doesn't break anything.

I guess for AutoIP, 250ms are OK: the minimum delay used is 1 second. We only
have to keep an eye on the jitter: Currently, when we want to delay 1 second,
we might end up with 900ms (which is OK, I guess). However, when increasing the
timer to 250ms, we could end up with a 750ms delay only, so we might have to
increase ttw by one.

For IGMP, I'm not totally sure: The protocol includes a "Max Response Time"
given in 1/10 seconds (which is why the igmp_timer is set to 100ms, I guess).
However, I don't suspect it to be smaller than 250ms, so increasing the timer
should be OK when the code is adjusted accordingly.

Simon