lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #28970] tcpip_thread bug.

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #28970] tcpip_thread bug.
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:44:52 +0000

> Many applications have been used ETIMEDOUT error number, now
> suddenly changed to EWOULDBLOCK will have an impact on many
> applications.
> So I suggest do not often modify these places, this will cause
> a lot of applications that need to be changed

This part is easy to deal with.

If we have in the past used ETIMEDOUT where EWOULDBLOCK is correct then that
is a bug and we need to fix it (as I think has been recently done).  If
applications have used ETIMEDOUT then they need to be fixed too.  It's not a
good idea to leave bugs in just because to fix them would cause
incompatability.  There will be lots of API changes in 1.4.0, so this is a
good time to fix such problems.

We can now leave this bug open to deal with the tcpip_thread problem
described.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28970>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/