lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6865] SO_REUSEADDR for TCP

From: Jeff Barber
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6865] SO_REUSEADDR for TCP
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 19:52:49 +0000

Follow-up Comment #11, patch #6865 (project lwip):

On linux, the rule is that the same port can be re-used if the endpoints are
on different interfaces (different IP addresses) OR if all existing endpoints
are not in LISTEN state and all have the REUSEADDR flag set (and the
to-be-created endpoint has to match the same criteria).

Re comment #9: we should not dump TIME_WAIT pcb's; they can still be matched
by incoming packets using both local and remote IP addresses and ports to
distinguish.

The new locally bound endpoint doesn't have a remote IP address and port
(yet).  If it were later to be connected to the same remote address and port,
one could dump the TIME_WAIT pcb, I suppose, but that's probably not likely
and probably not worth checking for.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6865>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/