lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] latest stale version

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] latest stale version
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:22:31 +0100

Alain Mouette wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> I have been following attentively and there have been quite a few
> important bug-fixes since 1.3.2 is out. I counted 7, plus one to contrib
> but I may have missed some.
>
> How sefe is it to download current SVN? or is there a particular SVN
> version that is "more stable"???

We have CVS, not SVN and thus there is no version throughout the repository.
And I didn't add any CVS tag.

> Or could there be a source release if
> not a 1.3.3 ??? Or even a collection of patches...

Using CVS head is always recommended if you are in development as you can take
advantage of bugfixes and report back anything that is still buggy. On the
other hand, I wouldn't recommend to use a CVS version if you are near a product
release, since CVS isn't tested as broadly as release candidates. As such, you
risk having (newly introduced) bugs in the code when you release it.

I don't think there will be a 1.3.3 version since I don't have the time to
create an 1.3.2 branch and merge back bugfixes. And the next CVS HEAD based
release will be 1.4.0 since there have been already some port-breaking changes.

Simon