lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #28605] Write can block when cable unplugged

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #28605] Write can block when cable unplugged
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:54:57 +0000

Oh, now I see what you are getting at. So your change only makes sense when
using select() to see which socket is writable? (I didn't get that from the
initial post of the summary).

Anyway, I guess the patch is good except for the '+ 1' when comparing
send_queuelen: Currently it's OK for sockets since PBUF_RAM is used for
sending data on tcp sockets, but this might change in the future (moving from
PBUF_RAM as a contiguous buffer to a pbuf chain). For netconns, we might have
to change it to '+ 2' since someone might write no-copy data, in which case 2
pbufs are used (1 _RAM for header and 1 _REF for data).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28605>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/