lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Wiki for ports and examples

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Wiki for ports and examples
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:08:37 +0100

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 09:15 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Bill Auerbach wrote:
> >
> > [..] Is there a public area on Savannah to allow user-contributed files?
> >

> None that I know of. After all, since a while even our download link is
> a link to another mirror, not the actual savannah server.
> But I think the idea is good, I'd love to see more ready-to-use ports
> for lwIP. There still should be a rule that they must be tagged with
> lwIP version and date or else we'll get help-mails on lwip-users for
> that, too...

I see two ways that we can provide access to ports and examples:

1) If the contributor is willing to maintain the port or example and
keep it up to date with lwIP CVS, we can put that port or example in the
contrib CVS tree.

2) If the contributor doesn't want to maintain it, we can link to it
from the wiki with details, as Simon suggests, of what version it is
compatible with.

Kieran