lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27147] sys_mbox_fetch processor hogging

From: Joseph Thomas-Kerr
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27147] sys_mbox_fetch processor hogging
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 02:15:10 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:
            lwIP version: CVS Head

Details:

Hi,

I'm running this stack on a soft-processor on a Xilinx FPGA, and I've found
that the sys_mbox_fetch loop tends to hog the processor. I added a yield just
before the goto in this command (see attached diff from 1.3.1rc2) and this
addresses the problem.

I looked in the system abstraction for a function to perform yield (eg
sleep(0), but that doesn't seem to work that way here), but couldn't find
one.

Obviously the posix call I've used isn't suitable for inclusion in the LWIP
source, but perhaps an adapter function could be added and this yield put in
place?

Regards,
Joe.

File Attachments: