lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7013] Create option to have all packets delivered to

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7013] Create option to have all packets delivered to netif->output in one piece
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 17:14:16 +0000

Since noone objected, I've checked in some (additional only) code:
- added new option LWIP_NETIF_TX_SINGLE_PBUF (below changes are only enabled
when setting this to 1)
- lwip_sendto creates PBUF_RAM and copies the data into it for UDP/RAW
sockets
- Added 2 functions pbuf_take (copy data into pbuf) and pbuf_coalesce (create
a single pbuf from a pbuf queue)
- Added function-like define netbuf_take (calls pbuf_take)

I did not enforce single-pbuf packets: if they still occur, the driver has to
use pbuf_coalesce() to create a single pbuf. This is because memcpy is used
there, which might be solved better by the driver.

What remains is the work in tcp_enqueue (task #7040: Work on tcp_enqueue) to
use one pbuf per segment only.

Also, checksum-on-copy would be nice to have to meet the new copy-overhead
when setting LWIP_NETIF_TX_SINGLE_PBUF=1.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7013>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/