lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6723] Add option UDP_EXT_RECV_CALLBACK to enable ne

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6723] Add option UDP_EXT_RECV_CALLBACK to enable new API function udp_ext_recv()
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 17:46:19 +0000

Follow-up Comment #11, patch #6723 (project lwip):

I had another thought about this: the parameter pcb does of course make no
sense, because ip_input does not know any pcbs. We could leave away the
parameter altogether, but that would make it difficult to receive in multiple
threads in the future (a thing I still have in the back of my head: being able
to prioritize one connection over another, splitted by the hardware or the
driver into multiple input queues).

But then again, if we (or I) ever do that, we could save the current
netif/ip-header into thread-local storage - a thing we already need for the
timeouts now.

I'll check it in without the parameter 'pcb'.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6723>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/