lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26273] etharp.c : fix alignment issue in etharp_raw

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26273] etharp.c : fix alignment issue in etharp_raw
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 05:46:15 +0000

> Don't change the code to work around compiler faults, but do change to code
for less ambiguous C.

I'm getting the opinion assigning structs isn't that portable, so maybe we
should remove that code...

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.faqs/ka3934.html

That link talks about how the ARM compiler *optimizes memcpy*. However in
this case it produced a memcpy out of a structure assignment. That's different
thing. However, I don't know how structure assignments are usually compiled,
but I would have thought there is a similar algorithm (like copying members
for small structs, using memcpy for large structs).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26273>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/