lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #26133] Processor specific porting needs flexibil

From: Piero 74
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #26133] Processor specific porting needs flexibility in terms of placement of various memory pools.
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 23:24:40 +0200

hi

very interesting discussion.. i interested in patches for lwip memory
allocation. as we discussed in the past, to provide zero-copy driver
with some microcontrollers, (i have an arm7 i.e.), we should allocate
in different regions pbufs and pools (in particolar pbuf for rx
packets).
i know that in cvs head something has done to have the possibility to
DMA with tcp send, reducing pbuf chains, chancing enqueue... with a
big memory allocation control we should provide a zer-copy in easy
way!

bye
Piero