lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26012] ACKs by SWS avoidance

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26012] ACKs by SWS avoidance
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:09:37 +0000

That patch certainly helps, but there are some other issues outstanding in
this area that I'd like to resolve at the same time.  e.g. BUG 20515.

I want to see lwIP use rcv_ann_wnd in a slightly different way: at the moment
it stores the value we might advertise, not the value we did advertise.  I'd
like to add another bit of state that tracks the right-hand edge of the window
that we advertised (which could be done using the ts_lastacksent field from
the timestamps patch I've recently added).  The combination of these would
allow us to make sure that window advertisements never shrink the window and
only go up in good sized chunks so we're not advertising silly windows and not
sending unecessary updates.  I'll try and do some work in this area.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26012>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/