lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #25821] lwip_recvfrom failed to reset sock->rcveve

From: Sprow
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #25821] lwip_recvfrom failed to reset sock->rcvevent, communication lost sync totally
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:44:25 +0000 (GMT)

In article <address@hidden>,
   Wim Dumon <address@hidden> wrote:

> Follow-up Comment #2, bug #25821 (project lwip):
>
> I haven't tested this for UDP, but there seems to be something similar
> going on there (at the end of recv_udp).

Agreed. I've been doing NetBIOS name lookups on UDP port 137, this all works
fine under normal load conditions (about 1 packet every 10s say) but if you
go in and rename the workgroup in WinXP somewhere else on the network it
announces this with several broadcast packets per second to port 137.

I then get stuck in a call to lwip_recvfrom() with the non blocking option
set. Moving the increment to after the (successful) mailbox post fixes it
for me,
Robert.