lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] [task #6994] Redesign Socket Layer with LWIP_TCPIP_CORE

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] [task #6994] Redesign Socket Layer with LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:26:42 -0400

>It could be useful (but i'm not sure) if different tasks
>will try to send to the SAME socket in the SAME moment: tasks should
>block waiting their timeslot in lwip core, or return immediately
>and allow to application to manage this situation.

A socket used for output logging is an example of multiple threads using the
same socket.

I would expect the application to use a semaphore to prevent concurrent
accesses to the socket.  Resource sharing should be managed by the application.
 I think lwIP only needs to ensure nothing ever blocks - so that the
application *can* handle concurrency responsively.

Bill