lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] netconn/socket: converting len argument to size_t

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] netconn/socket: converting len argument to size_t
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 21:14:25 +0100

Piero 74 wrote:
i saw a lot of email from you, for closing bugs...

are we close to release 131?

Hehe, that doesn't mean there's a realease coming, only I found the time and felt like working a little on the increasing list of bugs/patches.

in my current project, i have lwip 130 (not cvs head), only with the
patch we solved toghether... but i should update my code when a new
stable version will be available...

I don't know if we have that many changes from 1.3.0 to release a new version yet?

anyway... we should start to discuss and write something about
socket2, work on pbufs for dma driver-zero copy, lineguides for how
imlement dma driver-zero copy for rx and tx (there are a lot of emails
in recent mailinglist...)
what do you think?

After nearly a year of little time for lwIP, I'd like to decrease the list of bugs, patches and current tasks first before working on sockets2. Even zero-copy is rather an 1.4.0 issue than 1.3.1, I guess. But the current work on tcp_enqueue etc. is a good start for zero-copy.

Simon