lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6699] Fixing a couple of compilation warnings(Parad

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6699] Fixing a couple of compilation warnings(Paradigm C++)
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:14:34 +0000

Update of patch #6699 (project lwip):

             Assigned to:                    None => goldsimon

Follow-up Comment #2:

I've fixed some of the errors, though not all: the "Conversion may lose
significant digits" warnings in pbuf.c, mem.c and sockets.c:

lwIP relies on less stricter warnings (gcc switch -Wall only) and this
warning is NOT shown there (although truncated from int to u16_t), you may
define other warning options for your compiler.

> Is it true that some of the lwip code assumes that
> sizeof(int)==4? Can somebody please comment?

No, it's not true. lwIP should run on all platforms since 'int' should only
be used where the size does not matter. Of course it might be that there are
some places where this is not correctly implemented, but that would be a bug
and should be reported here!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6699>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/