lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Re: lwip-devel Digest, Vol 49, Issue 10

From: Gottfried Spitaler
Subject: [lwip-devel] Re: lwip-devel Digest, Vol 49, Issue 10
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:17:35 +0200

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:32:32 +0100
From: Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] memp.c
To: lwip-devel <address@hidden>

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 08:04 +0200, Gottfried Spitaler wrote:
Hello,

i make one project with your library at a 8-bit microcontroller from Atmel with the IAR compiler.
I found some problems with our compiler. See the file at the appendix.

I use #define MEM_LIBC_MALLOC  1
changes for:

memp_sizes
memp_memory
memp_init

The problem occur with

const u16_t memp_sizes[0];  // compiler error incomplete type "memp_sizes[0]"

and for  memp_memory[0];

It's not clear what changes you've made.  Could you provide a patch?
>From the description is sounds as if MEMP_MAX (the size of the arrays
that you're having problems) is being set to zero.  This should be
defined in src/include/lwip/memp.h by being the last member in an enum.
Perhaps your compiler is struggling with the dynamic way this enum is
being defined?

Kieran