lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6370] Sending to myself

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6370] Sending to myself
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:26:51 +0000

Update of patch #6370 (project lwip):

Follow-up Comment #20:

What you say is true of course. But now that we know exactly where
netif_loop_output() is called (only from ip.c), I think we can safely call
ip_input() from netif_poll().

Only netif_loop_output() may NOT call ip_input directly as this would lead to
re-entering the tcp code (which is not supported and the reason the
LOOPIF_MULTITHREADING setting was originally introduced). Since tcpip_input()
cannot be used (it would call netif->input()), I think we have to use
tcpip_callback somehow. I'll think about it.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6370>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/