lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #23119] After a read with timeout, the socket is unuse

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #23119] After a read with timeout, the socket is unuseable
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 14:47:53 +0000

hi,

Sorry, I'm not at the office (and I can't access to my files), but the define
of fatal or minor codes was done on a IRC chat with Simon and me in november
(if someone can access to the lwip irc channel archives), but was done for
"task #6969 : Review usage of conn->err in netconn layer". For memory, I said
to Simon that most of stacks I used "dead" a tcp connection on a timeout (like
tcp keepalive, but faster). But SO_RCVTIMEO doesn't have really a big
portability, so, if there is a consensus to change the current behavior, I
don't have any objections to change it (just, test it with contrib/apps if
possible, else, I will do it this weekend).

Jonathan, just don't forget to update err_to_errno_table in sockets.c (it is
not in your patch).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?23119>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/