lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #22916] Resetting SNMP data structures

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #22916] Resetting SNMP data structures
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:11:01 +0200

Srinivas Gollakota wrote:

As per Bill's advice tried to perform snmp_init in lwip_init().

I'm using released 1.3.0. Just tried with snmp_init() and it did'nt fixed the
problem. As its not there in lwip_init() by default not sure if snmp_init()
has some other purpose. I did'nt tried SNMP so far,just landed up in the snmp
code whilst checking the restarting functionality.
Are you trying to get SNMP running or are you trying to restart the whole stack? SNMP should be running fine if you call snmp_init() (it _is_ meant to start SNMP, variable initialization is done through the compiler initializing global variables to zero - to save code size; see the closed task #7054 for more information).

Oh, and I really don't know why snmp_init() isn't called from lwip_init(), maybe that's a bug...

Simon