lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] PPP failure

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] PPP failure
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:36:23 +0000

su_list wrote:

> PPP in LWIP is failing when I am trying to setup a link with a given ISP.
> The point to note is, with some of the phones I can connect successfully but
> with some phones its failing regularly. I am using no-authentication in PPP.
> I am attaching the LWIP prints for the failure case below. Can someone help
> me debugging of why its failing in one phone and passing in the other.
[snip]
> ipcp: up
> Could not determine remote IP address

If this is true, this may mean the remote end is not configured with an IP
address. You can't have both ends without configured IP addresses.

http://books.google.com/books?id=oGn6mqsYHIIC&pg=PA262&lpg=PA262&dq=ppp+peer+address&source=web&ots=SWZdtSFbtY&sig=CzNU9qb26JbpSC4ujsGo8rkqAl4

Have you tried using a different ppp stack? e.g. the one in Windows, linux,
etc.

Perhaps more likely is that it's some interoperability thing. Maybe some of
the remote PPP servers are not standards-compliant, or there's some edge
case which lwip's ppp stack doesn't consider.

I think you may have to get your hands dirty in the code.

Jfil
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine