lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7675] Enable to refuse data on a TCP_EVENT_RECV call

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7675] Enable to refuse data on a TCP_EVENT_RECV call
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:43:02 +0000

In my opinion, the best solution would be to first call TCP_EVENT_RECV and
only acknowledge the data if it returned ERR_OK. In case of an error, the data
could be deleted and would eventually be retransmitted by the other side.

While this produces more traffic, I think it would be better than keeping
pbufs allocated in a case where the application doesn't process (and free)
them fast enough: that could easily lead to running out of memory.

However, rhe change in tcp_in.c for receiving first and then acknowledging
might not be simple and so I think it should not hold back 1.3.0.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7675>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/